On November 22nd Morrison & Foerster LLP made public their latest legal update titled “Top Ten International Anti-Corruption Developments for September 2016”.
In this update they summarize “some of the most important international anti-corruption developments from the past month, with links to primary resources.” This month they ask: “What is a Department of Justice (DOJ) “declination with disgorgement”? How many FCPA resolutions was the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) able to bring in the last month of its fiscal year? How does one avoid running afoul of South Korea’s new anti-corruption laws?”
1. DOJ Debuts “Declinations with Disgorgement.”
2. New York-Based Hedge Fund Resolves Africa FCPA Allegations.
3. Utah-Based Cosmetics and Nutritional Product Company Resolves China FCPA Allegations.
4. Belgium-Based Brewing Company Resolves India FCPA Allegations.
5. UK-Based Pharmaceutical Company Resolves China FCPA Allegations.
6. Executive of Florida-Based Information Technology Company Resolves China FCPA Allegation, While Company Secures SEC Declination.
7. California-Based Technology Company Discloses Declination of Russia, CIS FCPA Allegations.
8. SEC Wins Summary Judgment on FCPA Jurisdictional Question.
9. Developments in Brazil.
10. South Korea Anti-corruption Law Comes into Force.